- My Account
Welcome to The Arroyo S.E.C.O. Network of Time Banks
Growing a Sharing Economy through Reciprocity.
We are an interconnected community of people who help each other by sharing our abilities, talents and experiences. By both giving and receiving, we learn to appreciate the value of each and every member and also come to believe in the value of our own contributions. When you provide a service for another member you earn one time credit for each hour you spend providing the service. You can then exchange each time credit you earn for an hour of service from someone else. Instead of separating our community into those who need and those who provide, we recognize that we all have needs and gifts to share.
Members of the Arroyo S.E.C.O Network of Time Banks live or work in the following neighborhoods; Pasadena, Altadena, North East Los Angeles, Echo Park, Silverlake, Los Feliz, Glendale, Lincoln Heights, Boyle Heights, Downtown Los Angeles, Westlake, West Adams and Koreatown.
To find a Time Bank in your area visit the California Time Bank Directory.
The Core Values of Time Banking
- Assets. We are all assets. Every human being has something to contribute.
- Redefining Work. Some work is beyond price. Work has to be redefined to value whatever it takes to raise healthy children, build strong families, revitalize neighborhoods, make democracy work, advance social justice, make the planet sustainable. That kind of work needs to be honored, recorded and rewarded.
- Reciprocity. Helping works better as a two-way street. The question: “How can I help you?” needs to change so we ask: “How can we help each other build the world we both will live in?”
- Social Networks. We need each other. Networks are stronger than individuals. People helping each other reweave communities of support, strength & trust. Community is built upon sinking roots, building trust, creating networks. Special relationships are built on commitment.
- Respect. Every human being matters. Respect underlies freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and everything we value. Respect supplies the heart and soul of democracy. When respect is denied to anyone, we all are injured. We must respect where people are in the moment, not where we hope they will be in the future.
View the Community Weaver 2.0 Help Guide here.
Watch the Community Weaver 2.0 video.
Arroyo SECO (Sustainable Economies Community Organization)